Friday, February 10, 2006

Buddies with Buggies

I feel a bit ashamed to admit that I used to poke fun at the groups of women who congregate in coffee bars all over Southwest London with their babies and buggies. Maybe it's down to karma, but I am now one of those women myself, and I'm very happy to be one too. I met my particular group through the NCT when we did ante-natal classes together, and we have been meeting up atleast once a week ever since. The group is a bit of a lifeline for me - all the babies were born within a few weeks of each other - which means us mums can compare notes on just about everything that is happening to our little bundles of joy as they grow and change. The comparisons are not competitive but comforting - through them I've discovered that Oscar is not the only one who performs strange baby antics - so I would like to say a big thank you to Joanne, Deana, Sarah, Tara, Clare and Lindsey for their kindness, friendship and support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home