Sunday, December 24, 2006

One Year On and Counting...

Christmas is here again, and Oscar has just celebrated his first birthday with the obligatory presents, cards, balloons and a large slab of chocolate cake. My little boy is growing up fast, which leaves me feeling excited for the fun we will have next year, but just a little bit sad that my baby isn't going to be a baby much longer. We're slowly weaning him from breastmilk to cow's milk from a beaker, which I also have mixed feelings about. Cuddling up with Oscar while he has his milk before bed is my favourite time of day - we have a cosy bolthole in the corner of his room where we listen to music and escape from the world for half an hour - and both often end up drifting in and out of sleep. But Oscar's second year should see a change in the routine: bedtime stories, milk in a cup and letting Daddy share the bolthole now and then.
Instead of sleeping through Christmas dinner under a napkin as he did last year, I expect Oscar will share our festive food and hold court over the table from his highchair. Let's hope the crackers aren't too scary.

1 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Happy Birthday Oscar! I hope your second year is as wonderful as your first!
Despite not knowing you (I'm a friend of Nic's, who pointed me in your direction!), you have inspired me to start my own blog, following the birth of my own daughter, Anna! I hope you didn't mind me copying your idea!
Like I said on my blog, you inspired me because your blog is just such a clear demonstration of how much you adore your son and also how adorable your son is. He is gorgeous! Many thanks for your kind words on my blog and inspiring me to do this for my own daughter!

9:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home