Monday, March 20, 2006

He's The Daddy

Now I know this is supposed to be a blog about Oscar, but allow me to write a few words about his Daddy and my husband, Neil.
Now, Neil has always been an all-round top bloke, but during the last roller-coaster year he's excelled himself. Oscar and his mum are very lucky indeed to have him around, to name but a few reasons:

  • He buried his nose in pregnancy books so he could 'fight my corner' during the birth and be as much help as possible
  • He finds the funny side when Oscar poos/wees/throws up on him
  • A nice home-cooked dinner invariably finds its way to me after I've finished the last feed before bedtime
  • He doesn't shy away from changing really atrocious nappies
  • He told me I was looking great even when I was the size of a house in late pregnancy, when I had bags under my eyes that had to be seen to be believed, and when I had baby sick all down my T-shirt
  • He sings funny little songs to Oscar to make him smile
  • He took time out of a very busy day at work to take him for his first injections
  • He asks me if he can get me anything on each and every night feed, and stays up and keeps me company on particularly tough nights
  • He's there for almost every bathtime
  • He disproves the theory that men can't multi-task

Given the above, I don't think anyone could dispute the fact that Neil deserves an almighty big thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm sure his kindness and hard work will be rewarded in a year or so when Oscar grants him hero status.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neil Ward-Dutton said...

Aw shucks - it's nice to know I'm appreciated!

It's a pleasure and an honour.

11:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home